Thursday, December 3, 2009

Santa at the Aquarium


On November 29, we saw Santa at the Aquarium. Sadie doesn't understand Christmas or Santa yet, but she did have fun meeting someone new and saying hello. She blew Santa a few kisses and sat in his lap for a minute.
I'm so excited that Shelbi is interested in Christmas and Santa. It seems a long time coming for me to feel excited about having children during the Christmas season. I was so eager to do all the fun thing you do with children this time of the year that it has been disappointing to know that Sadie doesn't understand, but at the same time so joyful to see Shelbi show interest. And while Sadie might not really understand, she is enjoying going to see the man in the big red suit and getting joy out of seeing him either way.
Oh, this can't go without being said...Santa waved Meggie over to sit on his lap...honestly Santa?


Time is a Thief

I don't remember the first time I heard the sentiment, "time is a thief." Recently it is heavy on my mind. I haven't post...