Monday, December 7, 2009

Sometimes

Sometimes I wish Sadie had a physical marker for her disability. It is exhausting explaining a chromosome disorder and Intellectual Disability to someone who sees nothing physically wrong with her. No one seems to understand and it is getting very frustrating. And they really don't care to understand. Everyone goes about their life in their own bubble secretly thinking this can't happen to them and pretending it doesn't exist or affect them. Oh shall we all be so lucky to be so naive.

If raising children is supposed to take a village then it is awfully lonesome. Thank goodness Sadie has a Medicaid waiver.
Sincerely,
A mother with a disabled child and everyone else is too afraid to touch her. She is the most wonderful, innocent child, full of kisses and hugs, eager to be held, and eager to look you eye to eye with her big blue eyes. I would trade anything to give her the power to learn.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

Time is a Thief

I don't remember the first time I heard the sentiment, "time is a thief." Recently it is heavy on my mind. I haven't post...