Thursday, December 3, 2009

staple removed

Sadie had her staple removed from her head November 27, 8 days after getting it put in. I got myself completely worked up about having it removed. When we went in to the exam room, I warned the nurse that Sadie would be difficult and she would cry and that she needed backup nurses to hold her down. Two other nurses came in and we looked at each other trying to get a game plan for the removal. I was holding Sadie in my lap facing me. Mary, our favorite nurse, wanted to see where the staple was. Sadie was so calm and when I lifted her hair the other nurse said quick pull it out (with the removal tool). Within 2 seconds the staple was removed before Sadie even budged. I was so relieved.

Time is a Thief

I don't remember the first time I heard the sentiment, "time is a thief." Recently it is heavy on my mind. I haven't post...