Sunday, June 28, 2009

Signing

Sadie has been signing "more" constantly and saying, "momomo" (more) the whole time she is signing it. She's even using it appropriately too. But it is also taking the place of want and being generalized. I'm just so glad she has realized that when she signs and says mo that she is letting us know she wants or needs something!


Last week, Meghan told me she signed doctor (you point to your wrist like you are feeling for a heart beat). I just thought that is such an odd sign for her to know. Granted we do say doctor a lot and we do go to lots of doctor appointments. I really thought she'd sign something else like milk, drink, cereal, or something I use daily. But sure enough, the other day, I said doctor and Sadie started pointing to her wrist...amazing!


On Friday, we were in the baby pool on the deck, the birds were chirping and we were just enjoying the nice weather. Sadie started looking around as if she was listening and she started pinching her pointer and thumb together and signing bird. I asked her if she heard the birds and both hands just started signing bird...wow what a great feeling. I will be so thankful if she can sign to us. Everyone will have to learn...which I've been saying for 3 years =)
Sisterly Love.

Time is a Thief

I don't remember the first time I heard the sentiment, "time is a thief." Recently it is heavy on my mind. I haven't post...