Thursday, June 4, 2009

Summer Plans




There's only a few more days of school left before summer break. We aren't sending Sadie to ESY (extended school year) with the public school because her teacher doesn't believe it will be a good transition for Sadie. We also decided that sending her to the private summer program would take away financially from our family and we can all do a lot with the money rather than go directly to Sadie. Sometimes everyone has to have a equal vote. With that said and as much as I love her dearly, we had to find something for her to do to have a break from our house.

She will be attending a animal/farm camp for 2 weeks from 9am to 12pm. They were wonderful enough to allow our attendant to go with her. She will also be attending MyGym summer program, which is the same hours. They are also allowing Sadie's attendant to join her.

In addition to that, we plan to go to the water park a few days a week, the zoo, and also the aquarium!

So far we have been spending a lot of time swinging on the swing set in our back yard and playing on the deck.

We did have our environmental modifications done to the house and they turned out good. First we had a child height rail put on the front and back deck stairs and also on the stairs inside. We also had gates put up at the stair entrances on the back deck. They installed "pool" locks on the gates. This has been great because I can open the kitchen door and the girls can play on the deck while I make breakfast. Sadie has also been able to go up and down the stairs all by herself because she has a rail to hold. Of course, I still have to be near and I've caught her a few times before she has fallen. I think with time and practice, she will be able to maneuver the stairs on her own. They also built crib style doors for her bunk bed so we can get her out of her crib and into a "big girl bed." I'll post pictures soon!!!




Time is a Thief

I don't remember the first time I heard the sentiment, "time is a thief." Recently it is heavy on my mind. I haven't post...