Saturday, February 20, 2010

Echo Under Anesthesia

I feel terrible for not posting sooner, but its been a crazy week.
Sadie was put under anesthesia for the Echo on her heart. The cardiologist was able to get a good look by doing it externally. Although, we had been prepped that he might need to do a Trach echo down her throat to get a better look if needed. He didn't have to do it.
The ASD (atrium septial defect) hole is still 4mm wide, which he described to be small. Nearly half a centimeter sounds pretty big to me, but hey, I didn't go to Cardiology school.
He said that the small size of the hole didn't warrant putting her through a catheterization procedure to place the device in to close the hole. Great News!
We arrived at the hospital at 6am and were home by 1015am. Sadie was back to normal without any major side effects from the anesthesia. She was just a little groggy.
The other crazy part of the week was finding out that we might be losing her Medicaid consumer services because of our state's budget cuts. So I went to the General Assembly for the day and have spent every other second of my days writing and calling Senators, Delegates, and our new Governor asking that they not cut programs for people with developmental disabilities.
Oh, to top it off, Shelbi got that yucky fever throat virus on Wednesday to Friday, so she went to the doctor also...she's all better now though!
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

Time is a Thief

I don't remember the first time I heard the sentiment, "time is a thief." Recently it is heavy on my mind. I haven't post...