Saturday, July 25, 2009

The Skinny

Sadie has been off her anorexia medication that makes her hungry for 2 months. She hadn't been eating that much and I'd decided to just keep trying to push food on her rather than give her the medicine. The periactin is an antihistimine that was discovered to have a strong appetite stimulating side effect. It is used on anorexia patients. All things have a consequence and in her case it puts her a groggy cranky mood. Her temper tantrums increase and she just not happy.

Unfortunately, she's gotten that skinny look to her little body again and she can't bear to lose an ounce. She must have grown talls because I don't believe she's lost any weight.

I started giving her a small dose every other afternoon, which seems to be pretty effective right now. She's been eating better and I haven't had to work so hard to feed her.



Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

Time is a Thief

I don't remember the first time I heard the sentiment, "time is a thief." Recently it is heavy on my mind. I haven't post...