Friday, October 10, 2008

AFOs

Forgive me...I'm still trying to catch up on the blog.

Three weeks ago, Sadie was "fitted" for her new AFOs (braces for feet). When I say "fitted," I mean casted toe to knee and immediately having the cast cut off. The purpose is to have the AFO fitted specifically for her feet. I guess this makes sense...to me, but to a 3 1/2 year old...NO WAY. It wasn't nearly the worst thing to have done, but it makes the list.

Either way it had to be done. We picked up her AFOs from the therapist on Tuesday. Imagine trying to put a wet pair of jeans on an uncooperative child. We finally got them on, kicking and all.

She still only wears them at night to prevent recurrence of the tendon tightening.

By the way, they cost approximately $1200 and insurance only covers 80%. I guess that's better than nothing.

Time is a Thief

I don't remember the first time I heard the sentiment, "time is a thief." Recently it is heavy on my mind. I haven't post...