Saturday, January 17, 2009

Pity Party

I'll admit, I've been having a pity party lately, but I really feel myself coming out of it.

Things that are happening these days...In the line at McDonald's I turned around to smile and wave at Sadie. She held both arms up in the air and said, "Up." As clear as day...."Up." It was so awesome. I wished I could have gotten her out of her car seat.

Yesterday, Sadie's new bedding arrived, and today we got the new mattresses for the bunk bed. All we have to do now is build the doors so she'll be safe...that'll be no easy task. When will I find the time??? I can't wait to lay with her.

Shelbi is awesome and developing like crazy. She is mama's little helper and so understanding of what's going on with Sadie...already. She's been wearing panties for a few weeks now and had very few accidents. She's amazing.

Sadie started "private" preschool again. An awesome therapy group developed a preschool for children who need extra support. She is going Tuesday and Thursday. She will also start back in the public special ed classroom Monday, Wednesday, and Friday sometime in the next week.

Meghan has been awesome helping out with Sadie and truly has become a part of the family. We are grateful for the help. For the first time ever, I feel safe leaving Sadie, other than with Bill of course.

I'm really looking forward to the next couple of months and I know Sadie will enjoy school. I will also get some one on one time with Shelbi.

I love you Bill!

Time is a Thief

I don't remember the first time I heard the sentiment, "time is a thief." Recently it is heavy on my mind. I haven't post...