Saturday, August 8, 2009

Thankful

Today I was feeling the need to read other stories about other children with chromosome disorders. I googled blogspot to see if I could find any other families who write about their children. I know I do this when I'm feeling on the blue side. It always helps me to read about similar situations and find some comfort in other stories. The compassion that one mother has for another mother who also has a disabled child is an unbreakable bond.
Mostly my mood was prompted because my husband watched a 20/20 segment about a girl with Autism who they thought was severely disabled and unable to communicate. On day at the age of 11 she spontaneously started typing on the family laptop. The family had no idea their daughter had so much to say and she really was able to tell about her disorder in her own words. I'll post a link to her site soon.
So like I occasionally do, I googled chromosome disorder blogspot and family stories. I scrolled down the list and clicked on Noah's story. http://noahgrantjohn.blogspot.com/
I feel so touched and moved to have read part of Noah's story. He was born September 2005, the same year as Sadie. The first picture on his site was a picture of where he was buried last week. He wasn't yet 4, but he shares a common bond with Sadie...they were both born with RARE Chromosome Disorders. I feel so thankful that Sadie is here on this Earth and with us. Tonight I grieve for little Noah and his family. May they somehow find peace and comfort. My heart goes out to them.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

Time is a Thief

I don't remember the first time I heard the sentiment, "time is a thief." Recently it is heavy on my mind. I haven't post...